Located in the heart of Amish Country, we are surrounded by many antique and gift shops. The Ligonier area has many items of interest to offer such as the Ligonier Historical Museum housed in the 1889 Ahavas Shalom Jewish Reform Temple, Visitors Center & Heritage Station Museum, and the delightful Jennie Thompson Gardens. In addition to that, Ligonier's tired downtown buildings and walls have been rejuvenated thanks to the work of hundreds of volunteers during the annual Operation Foundation volunteer work week held each summer. Ligonier boasts nearly two dozen larger than life murals throughout the downtown area and you can even stop and pose with one of our 6 life-size bronze scultpures scattered around town.
While you are in town, be sure to set aside plenty of time to take in the rich architectural gems that Ligonier has to offer. Ligonier contains the largest concentration of National Register buildings in Noble County. Our Main Street is lined with over a dozen beautiful Jewish Mansions nestled between gorgeous maple, oak, and catalpa trees. With architectural styles ranging from Queen Anne Victorians, to Italianates, to Bungalows, even to the Spanish Mediterranean directly across the street from us, you won't be dissapointed.
Hungry? Creps Bakery is famous for their special pecan rolls & breads. In addition we have authentic Mexican bakeries and stores as well as Ethiopian cuisine.
Within minutes of the Solomon Mier Manor are many other points of interest for visitors.
Points of Interest
- Northern Indiana Amish Country Visit Website
- Shipshewana- Fabulous restaurants, many shops, and a seasonal flea market. Visit Website
- Buggy Lane Tours Visit Website
- Amish Dinner- Enjoy dinner and a buggy ride on a local Amish farm. Call for reservations.
- Middlebury- Das Dutchmen Essenhaus Restaurant, bakery, and shops. Visit Website
- Heritage Trial Visit Website
- Nappanee- Quaint Amish town with shops, Rocket Science Ice Cream, and coffee house. Visit Website
- Amish Acres- Restaurant, Theatre, and seasonal festivals Visit Website
- Annie Oakley Perfumery- Tour the only remaining perfumery in the US, right in Ligonier. Visit Website
- Pumpkinvine Biking Trail- Trail system in Goshen, Middlebury, and Shipshewana Visit Website
- Gene Stratton Porter Historical Site Visit Website
- Black Pine Animal Sanctuary- Provides refuge for displaced exotic animals Visit Website
- Lerner Theatre Visit Website
- Morris Performing Arts Center Visit Website
- University of Notre Dame- Visit the campus or even watch a football game! Visit Website
- Ruthmere Mansion- A beautiful mansion open for tours, located in Elkhart Visit Website
- Old Bag Factory- A historic building turned into shops and a café Visit Website
- Chain O'Lakes State Park- Lakes, hiking trails and camping sites Visit Website
- Art and Earth Trail Visit Website